1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all Star Wars geeks!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Sep 15, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I second the motion, Buck. It's "Star Wars" forever to me, too.

2. boots

boots New Member

I said it before and I'll say it again, Yoda was the GREATEST Jedi of them all.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That looks like a D_B, mister.

And Luke Skywalker built the New Jedi Order from nothing. Yoda failed to see the downfall of the old order coming.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Who would in a battle between the 'Star Wars' universe and the Micronauts?

5. boots

boots New Member

Fuck that. Yoda kicked ass. Never lost. Just like Jack Dempsey. Yoda was the man.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Wrong!!!!!! Palpatine defeated Yoda after Anakin killed all the Jedi in the temple.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I like Star Wars and all, but goddamn, folks.

8. boots

boots New Member

OK Chickie, I forgot about that one. shouldn't have but I did. So he lost one. Hey, he's stil the man.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Doc, behave or you're gonna join Zeke on the grounded list!

I, too, will always think of the original movie as Star Wars. Never ever as "A New Hope."

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Star Wars went sour when Grover started hamming it up in The Empire Strikes Back. The non-Grover scenes were pretty cool, though.

The third one should have been much different. Either Luke should have gone batshit nuts and started killing everything in sight and taken over the Death Star, then blown Billy Dee Williams into oblivion, or Darth should have taken control, offed the Emperor and Luke, then turned that gun on the fleet. Then he could have dispatched all the forces to massacre the Ewoks.

Besides, are we seriously going to believe an army could dominate a space empire, yet it can't subdue dozens of furry pandas on the surface of a planet? I call bullshit.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At what point did anybody say logic applies to Star Wars?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To each his own. I just want to know where all the women like sportschick and Rosie were when I was single.

Oh well. At least my daughter will watch the original trilogy with me :)

Draft saved Draft deleted