1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

calling all political nerd-types

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by devils_claw, Dec 6, 2006.

1. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

so, i'm trying to hunt down some good political memorabilia for a christmas present. (old campaign buttons, posters, things of that nature)

anybody out there know of any good websites/stores in the LA area?

(ps-don't say ebay. i'm looking for something with a *little* credibility, please)
  2. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sometimes if you check the classifieds for estate sales you can find some interesting stuff. I've got a bunch of campaign buttons from estate sales. Paid about 50 cents for a Nixon/Lodge button from the 1960 campaign.
  4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Since when does e-Bay not have credibility?
  5. unwitty

unwitty Member

try these...

or this... (although it can be confusing to figure out online, but if you contact them I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction)

or this for a crap ton of buttons. . .

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I got my "WIN" button on eBay :)
  7. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

it's not that there's anything wrong with ebay. it's just that i have no way of knowing if the product is authentic or not. yes, you could argue that could be said of anywhere, but going to a shop/website that specializes in these sorts of things would reassure me.
    because if i'm going to drop a fair amount of money (let's face it, some of this stuff isn't cheap), i want to feel like i'm not getting ripped off.
  8. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

thank you! this is exactly what i'm looking for.
Draft saved Draft deleted