1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all political activists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm helping my daughter design a campaign poster for her 7th-grade elections. There is no specific office, just a general election.

Her name is Mandi.

Give me a slogan!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm Mandi. And I came and I gave without taking, so don't take me away, I'm Mandi.

Of course, this sucks, plus no seventh-grader will get the reference, anyway.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Vote for Me! It's Mandi-tory!
    Just hope her class doesn't have a Whig majority.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm smarter than my dad.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Ya, the 7th graders are a little lost when it comes to Manilow references.

And the poster we're toying with right now uses the Mandi-tory theme. Well done, Michael

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Try this one:

"Help Bring Home Our Troops! Vote for Mandi"

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In high school, a friend and I served as campaign managers for one of our friends who was involved in student government.
    Among our most popular campaign poster ideas:

We had a girl get a whole bunch of boxes of Snausages and cut all of the cartoon dogs out. Then we had her put the little Snausage dogs all over a poster. It was just covered with that little Snausage dog with little text bubbles that said 'Snausages.' Except one little dog down in the corner. His text bubble said 'Vote for Joe.'

Another classic was — 'Vote for Joe: He doesn't pick his nose anymore.'

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Mandi: She's a fine girl.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I had a friend in college running for student govt who found a picture of the cutest rabbit he could find, put a clip art of a gun next to its head and said, "Vote for Otto or I'll Kill the Rabbit."

He won.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Sadly, the principal must approve all posters and I think death threats and references to boogers would get her disqualified.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Eventually we were told to take the 'Vote for Joe: He doesn't pick his nose anymore,' but not until everyone in school had already seen it, laughed and decided to vote for our friend.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"If you don't vote for Mandi, I'm afraid we're going to be hit again."

[/dickcheney]

Draft saved Draft deleted