1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all cheeseheads and Illini

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Turfburger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bad plan, Rosie. Still rush hour.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Any good places to stop for a beer? :-\

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

In the Western Suburbs, no. Sorry. :(

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Darn it!

:'(

Guess I better burn some more CDs for listening -- sounds like I'll be in my vehicle MUCH longer than I planned. :-\

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Chiming in to send along another big FU to I-90 from the WI state line to Rockford. No matter what time of day, I seem to always find traffic on that damn 20-mile stretch. I would hate to see what it looks like from Rockford to O'Hare.

The side routes through Lake Geneva are good and will get you there, but I-894 around Milwaukee should be a smooth ride as well.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

'Nother dumb question.

Which is quicker? Lake Geneva or around Milwaukee?

And is I-90 just as bad on Sundays? I'm heading back home on Sunday, and I remember last time I drove to Chicago, I took I-94 leaving Chicago -- on a Sunday -- past Six Flags and it was HELL till I got past there.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Going north, take U.S. 41 if possible, then connect back with 94 in Gurnee.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I personally think Milwaukee would be quicker ...  and I've had problems on I-90 every day of the week.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Actually you can take it all the way through Waukegan and rejoin 94 at the state border... avoiding the tollway completely.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Good call, Gut-Man. That Waukegan Toll Plaza is a bitch if you don't have I-Pass.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

And, being that I live in the land of no toll booths, I do not have an I-Pass.

Which reminds me, I better NOT clean the change out of my vehicle like I did last time I drove to Chicago. :-[

12. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Rosie, you should consider Amtrak from St. Paul to the northern suburbs and save youself all that grief...presuming the trains run on time.

Draft saved Draft deleted