1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all cheeseheads and Illini

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Turfburger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Outlet bookstore=PDB's catnip. God bless outlet malls.

2. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

you are very generous and DT should be very appreciative. i have a great chance of scoring an "almost very-well paying" job in dc but mother and father S7 don't approve of me pursuing the job because they don't want to "help out" with the upfront costs of being a recent (hint: broke ass) grad and relocating to an expensive city, even though it'll pay a hell of a lot more than what i can make in the midwest. i love my parents and more than appreciate everything they have done for me, but i feel i can't get a break sometimes.

DT should be VERY appreciative.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Just returned to Chicago from a trip to central Wisconsin. As Bubbler mentioned, I-894 is the way to get around Milwaukee, and we took 94 instead of 90 because of the construction on 90. Didn't have any problems.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Where on I-90 is the construction?

Just how bad is it?

I've taken both I-94 and I-90, and I prefer I-90, but not if I have to sit for hours on end before moving ten feet.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Second call!

Anyone know about this construction on I-90??

I'm planning my route to Chicago.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was on it yesterday. Avoid at all costs!

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Uh.....just how bad is it?

And where about is the construction? Between Rockford and Chicago?

(All this because I hate flying!)

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not sure about its presence west of the city, but north, in and south of the city it sucks something awful.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Rosie,

I can't give you a direct link to the pic, but if you go to this link and take a look (you'll need to fiddle with the map and look north, but I know you are computer-literate enough to figure it out), you will see that pretty much all of I-90 is marked for road construction. If that map is any indication, you are SOL no matter what the route is.

http://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/default.aspx?ql=const

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Thanks for the link, Pope.

Why do I have this rotten feeling I should be leaving tomorrow instead of Wednesday -- I'm going to be stuck in Construction HELL!

:'(

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Best advice I can give is to time your trip to arrive either very early in the morning or very late at night.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My original estimate has me arriving in the Chicago area around 7 p.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted