1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all cheeseheads and Illini

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Turfburger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Turfburger

Turfburger Member

Need some help with travel in and near Milwaukee and Chicago. Mrs.Turfburger and daughter Turfburger will travel to Chicago from the Twin Cities in the next week to get DT setup for grad school at Northwestern. Work will keep me from accompanying them, so they will be doing the driving. What's the road construction situation in Milwaukee and Chicago? I-94 will be their main freeway. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I would like to know this too as I am driving to Chicago on Wednesday.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Chicagotribune.com has a very good traffic map that shows gridlock, construction, events and is fairly close to real time.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

All I know is that pretty much any I-90 or I-94 toll in Illinois is a massive fucked-up traffic jam waiting to happen as they are reconfiguring most of them for open-road tolling. And the Illinois DOT is telling people to stay away from the Dan Ryan. This map might help some.

http://www.danryanexpressway.com/altroutes.html

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

How about the outlaying Chicago areas? I'll be staying in Schaumberg.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oooo, aren't we getting all fancy. :D

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

If they're going to Evanston via Milwaukee, they won't be anywhere near the Dan Ryan, so no worries there. The Edens is a straight shot from MKE to Evanston and I don't think they're messing with it right now.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Rosie, I need you to do me a favor: go to Woodfield, stand in front of Sephora, and call me.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Downtown Milwaukee is all fucked up right now too. Better to take I-894 around the city and avoid the downtown area completely.

And, yes, do not take the Dan Ryan either. It's a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

The Tri-State has some construction and could be problematic, but much, much less so than the good ole Dan Ryan.

Not sure why you'd want to go through Milwaukee from the Twin Cities to Chicago anyway, better to take I-90 via Rockford.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That's what I was wondering, Bubbler.

I'll be taking the Rockford route.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Smarta$$!

You looking to get grounded?! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted