1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Callahan out at WEEI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So he's one of the good guys. Huh, news to me.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

now he can start that podcast with curt schilling

lakefront likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Anyone who listens to Kirk Minihane’s podcast — yeah, I do have a character flaw — could tell he was goading Callahan to walk or WEEI to fire him for weeks. Looks like the station won.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Fifth place and getting doubled up..... guessing with all the money hes made over the years the suits figure they can pay any mope 1/4 for the same rating, and they’re probably not wrong

maumann likes this.
  6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I saw tweets where Callahan is blaming some guy for harassing advertisers of the show due to his's views on transgenders. He believes this led to him getting fired. Is this remotely true.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I sincerely doubt it.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I stopped reading after three grafs. You can see the sneering Masshole douchebaggery dripping from the words.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Supposedly, the program director/ad people are scared of the activist, and “forced the morning show to change its style and content.”

The hosts would have you believe that change is what caused their ratings to tank, and the tanking caused the firing.

Not sure its provable that A leads to B leads to C, but the shows rating declined from 15 to 5 in 22 months

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Typical Turtle Boy garbage. (Calling the majority of EEI jocks liberal???) These knuckledraggers have political patrons, and they infiltrate the Worcester Telegram & Gazette FB comment threads ever day. They have a well-over-borderline racist jihad against a T&G columnist.

Draft saved Draft deleted