1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Call to boycott StubHub!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sports scrub, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not to add salt to the wound, but I'm guessing this'll be the last time the Pirates play at this Yankees Stadium.

2. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

true, thanks for that

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Save for a World Series, that would be true. But I'm guessing the Yankees don't make it that far. :D

4. joe

joe Active Member

Call Eddie Vedder.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Longer than that

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

StubHub is simply a legal scalping service ...what do you expect to get...integrity? honesty? fairness? NO! NO! NO!

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I bought a Stanley Cup Finals ticket through StubHub and I did it the day of the Ducks' Game 6 with the Red Wings. Ducks, I felt would win the series and clinch the Cup finals spot that night. Getting my order in that morning likely saved me at least $100 or more as tickets shot up at least that much and more when the Ducks clinched that night.

I got lucky. Sorry you didn't get so lucky. Whoever this person is that had the tickets for sale and then pulled them back is someone who doesn't follow the Yankees all that much. I guess he must not watch ESPN or the YES network -- until someone told him that Clemens was pitching.

8. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

I could really give two shits about seeing that sellout Clemens, I just wanted to see that Pirates at Yankee Stadium (a ballpark I have never been to), it just happened to work out that the day i could go he was healthy enough to drag his old balls up to the mound, o well, live and learn i guess ...

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Exactly. Why is stubhub the problem here? The seller is the problem. Stubhub did as it said it would do.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just want to ban StubHub for the audio logo.

(horn)STUBHUB!

Draft saved Draft deleted