1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Call the cops or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by brettwatson, Jan 6, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's it! Thanks cougar. I couldn't remember the exact transgression, but knew it involved eggs.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A tough call, but I lean to not calling the police given this new info.

Thing is, I'm still stinging from an incident where I tried not to be the heavy and got burnt, so I could change my mind pretty quickly.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Then he made them rake leaves for an entire day, and they "got even" by urinating on his trees.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I still say call the police if and only if the father (or kid) refuses to pay for part of (or all of) the damages.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Threaten to finish on the mother's grill.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Would that apply only if she's a MILF?

7. boots

boots New Member

We say no to 5-0. Tell pop to pay for damages. If he doesn't pay, take him to court.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Reading shit like this makes me wonder why I didn't get my ass kicked growing up.
    I was such a prick to people's property.

Oh, and sorry about the yard man. That sucks, but he needs to be over to your place to fix his mistake. Just make sure you aren't a dick about it to the kid, because at the very least, that kid told his pop what he did and I'm sure it wasn't pretty.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Planning for two hours? We just bought some eggs at the store and went to town!!! Not very stealth, but riding through town egging cars wasn't very under the radar. God we were stupid in our teens.

Aaahhh, good times though.

10. In Exile

In Exile Member

That's property damage probably covered by the kids' car insurance. File a claim and he either pays himself or his rates will go through the roof. A good lesson for him, and the kids' dad will let him have it.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Same thread topic, different scenario ...

New Year's Eve. Neighbor parents are gone for the night. High school aged kids are home, though. Big party at neighbor's house with lots of cars parked all over the cul-de-sac. No big deal, I think, it's NYE and kids like to have fun, too. And every interaction I've had with them has been good and the oldest is the star baseball player at school

Next morning, my garbage can is filled with empty vodka bottles, beer bottles and various other signs of teenage drunkeness. Clearly all dumped in mine so mom and/or dad wouldn't notice them. Three vehicles parked on their yard in the morning tell me at least some of them chose to sleep it off rather than drive home drunk.

I'm actually inclined to just let it slide. But then it happened again this weekend.

Let is slide? After all, no one got hurt. Right?
    Or are underage drinking parties (where I live or elsewhere) something to get the police involved with?

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

You have to get the police involved. It's just a matter of time before someone gets hurt.
    Kids out here go to the middle of pastures to have parties. Sheriff's Department still busts them, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted