1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Californication series premiere (8/13)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 13, 2007.

1. sorry for yelling

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think that's her... She's been on a couple failed sitcoms, most recently the one with Fonzie and Rizzo that was on during CBS' Monday night lineup...

3. Mizzougrad96

Another great episode... Paula Marshall gets naked... So does some other gorgeous blonde who looks very familiar, but I couldn't remember where from...

Aside from the nudity, it's just a great show...

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

missed the series premier but I liked the second episode... need to catch that first episode On Demand. How many seasons of Dexter have there been so far? I need to know how much catching up I need to do on that one once I start watching.
    I've enjoyed the first two episodes of Weeds this year as well - my first time watching it.

5. Mizzougrad96

Dexter starts its second season next month... It's a good show... Very dark, not for everyone...

I highly recommend renting the first two seasons of Weeds...

6. Zeemer

Zeemer Member

Just caught the second ep of Californication. I thought it was intriguing to do an almost exact copy of the scene in Lovely & Amazing where the naked woman (Paula Marshall here, Emily Mortimer in L&A) stands naked and lets the guy reclining on the bed (Duchovny, guy who's name escapes me [edit: Dermot Mulroney] in the film) analyze her body. Ripoff or homage? Makes me wonder if they're doing similar scenes and I hadn't noticed...
    Otherwise, really good show so far. You have to like a lead character as mean and unsympathetic at times as Duchovny plays this guy.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Read a review in Rolling Stone, and it intrigued me to give it a chance.

8. Loved the second episode, too...damn this show is getting up there

Draft saved Draft deleted