1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Californication series premiere (8/13)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Duchovny looks like a cooler version of Weeds' Nealon in this show.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Damn promising start.

3. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

loved the ending.

between this show, weeds, and dexter showtime is well worth the money.

broadcast tv, meanwhile, is awful.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fantastic show... I've always thought Duchovny was one of the coolest actors working...

I agree that Showtime is picking up ground on HBO. Now that Sopranos is gone, I'll take Weeds, Californication and Dexter over anything HBO has...

Granted, I've never really watched The Wire...

Weeds is my favorite show on TV and Californication had an incredible first episode...

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree with the Showtime comment, but CSI Vegas, The Office, Lost, My Name is Earl and 30 Rock have something to say about your broadcast comment.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Clunky beginning, but it progressed well. The interplay between the "parents" and their acting-out 12-year-old was sharp. And Natascha McElhone is quite easy on the eyes.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The girl from next week's episode was the girl from the "Not that there's anything wrong with that" Seinfeld episode... From the looks of the preview, she gets naked...

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Watched this weeks ago, thanks to Mizzou, but so far none of the rest of the episodes have leaked. Unlike Weeds where the first four are already out there.

9. Simon_Cowbell

The college reporter?

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Promising first episode. I just got into Dexter when Sho starter replaying them a few weeks ago, so between those two shows and Weeds, I'm watching more Showtime these days than HBO.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Don't like what I've seen of Dexter.

Gumbel's show and The Wire and ANY documentary on HBO are still better than anything on Showtime, though I like Weeds, and Californication is promising.

12. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAIANIANHHAA

YO KFED!!! THE LITTLE MAN IN THE BOAT, HE'S UP HERE...

HAHAHA

Draft saved Draft deleted