1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Californication, Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just saw the first episode of Season 5 from Californication... It's a little strange because it's supposed to be about three years later than when we last saw them.

I love the show, but I'm guessing a lot of people aren't going to be thrilled with some of the changes. But maybe they just didn't explain everything in the first episode.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Wait, it officially started? Dammit. I've watched every episode of every season. The show's prime was the first two seasons though, IMO.

3. Mizzougrad96

It starts Jan. 8...

I just saw a sneak peek at the first episode...

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Looking forward to the new swason. Agree that Seasons 1 and 2 were tops. But doesn't the lovely Addison Timlin return for Season 5? Moves it up a notch.

5. Mizzougrad96

Sadly, the lovely Ms. Timlin was not in the first episode. Season 5 picks up at least two years after Season 4 left off, so it would not surprise me if she's not back.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The show ended Sunday night after 7 seasons.

It was a decent ending, I suppose. Perhaps a *bit* too fluffy but maybe not. For all the Zevon love over the years they went out with a character montage to Rocket Man. It served its purpose.

In the end, Hank grew up. And got Karen.

The show struggled to capture its Season 1 magic but had some strong and funny moments and runs afterward. That's 2 excellent TV characters for Duchovny. Wonder what's next.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Loved the show as a whole. Did not love the final season.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Overall loved the series. Thought it failed to capture its Season 1-2 magic the last couple of seasons. This final season was a mixed bag. The premise of giving him a son from a prior relationship was great, the execution in making him a momma's boy loser like Levon was poor. Seemed at times as if Levon was there for comic relief, not to further the story.
    Series finale was good. As Xan said, Hank grew up and realized what was most important to him and acted on it. He got Karen back, made things right with Julia and Levon, and inspired Charlie to save Marcy.

Draft saved Draft deleted