1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Californication 10/2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wow... I guess this show is in the shitter when it doesn't get a thread on here until now...

Anyway, the latest episode was so deep and edgy and poignant.

The guy playing Hank's dad ... damn, he sounded so much like the late, great John Spencer.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The show's definitely not in the shitter as last night's episode was one of the best of the season. Poignant, deep, edgy all perfectly describe it.
    It lets you in on another layer of depth to Duchovny's character.

3. Simon_Cowbell

I don't know how the show got renewed. This board usually has a decent feel for the entertainment pulse, and there hasn't been a thread for a month?

The finale on Sunday was one of those great TV moments for me.

It's not in the Freaks&Geeks class, but it is right there on the next level.

4. EStreetJoe

The show is tremendous. The season finale was great. I'm thrilled the show was renewed.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Looks like it's you and me, E, out on a raft.

That's OK... it's not the quantity of the company, it the quality.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Cowbell,

I couldn't be more of a fan, and I was wondering why there was no finale thread anywhere.

I absolutely loved the scene when Becca gets Aunt Flow, and how Duchovny reacted to it.

I wasn't a fan of the final ending, but maybe that's just me. I loved how he was handling his life falling apart with relative grace in thee recent weeks, and I wanted him to let her go.

Mia's a total bitch and I want to fucking punch her in the face like she did Hank.

Plus,

7. Simon_Cowbell

Now... YOU... you know how to write an ending!

8. EStreetJoe

I was a little surprised that Karen came running after them at the end. I thought she was ready to move on and it looked like Hank had finally come to grips with it and was moving on. So this will make for an interesting dynamic next season.

Plus -- I really wanted Mia to not back off her allegations at the ceremony and show herself for the true conceited teenage bitch that she is and not change her tune to "it's only a piece of fiction, right?"

Draft saved Draft deleted