1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California Supreme Court overturns gay marriage ban

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When all else fails, there's always the conservative jihad on gays.
    There's a lot of hurting people in Ohio right now who are kicking themselves for falling for the '04 jihad. Sorry, phobes, the shelf life on this sort of politics is fast running out.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

From ourselves.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

For the couple of you who actually understand this stuff, the most stunning part here is that they gave sexual preference strict scrutiny - virtually (Lopez aside) fatal. Even gender is only intermediate. I wonder does this go to the 9th circuit now? I heard that it's not that hard to amend the state constitution, so they will probably try that. Ridiculous.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

OH MY GOD!

I looked out my window and five minutes after this decision was rendered, gay homosexuals were parachuting from the sky and kidnapping husbands and wives!

The divorce rate has quadrupled in the last five minutes!

My next door neighbor has married his pet llama, because anyone can marry anyone!

OH MY GOD!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yawn, maybe it would make you feel better to pretend that America is like Iran and has no homosexuals. Therefore, this is all just paper shuffling.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Make peace with your gods.

The end is nigh.

Seriously, I bow to your brilliance.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I wish gay marriage were legal in every state, county, municipality and that gay marriages were given the same rights as every marriage -- -that way the slobbering extremist psycho's on both sides of the argument would STFU and stop wasting all of our time with this issue.

In the grand scheme of things -- who gives a rat's ass about who gets married to who? And while we are at it throw laws against polygamy and polyandry out as well....

Fuck, I don't see why it is so complicated -- if two people want to get married, why do we need the government's stamp of approval for that?

Oh that's right, it is a wedge issue that has made a lot of activists and lobbyists on both sides a lot of money so it will never fully be settled.....

And sadly -- today's ruling is not meaningless given where it came and the number of homosexuals in that state and the ultra-liberal leaning of the courts. When a similar ruling takes place in somewhere like, oh I don't know Nebraska or Alabama or Mississippi or heck even in like Ohio, then we might be moving forward.....

9. Guy_Incognito

Inside baseball effect: This does Obama no favors. Not enough for him to actually lose, but it's not good news for him.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You seem to be arguing against yourself, zag. Plenty of your fellow conservatives seem (about 95-99 percent, I'd wager) seem to give a rats ass about the issue, from the polls and votes I have seen.

11. Guy_Incognito

Psst. He's not a conservative, he's a libertarian.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I think he forgot his blue font today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.