1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California Supreme Court overturns gay marriage ban

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This news will be met with.......

"It is a Kangaroo Court of activist liberal judges" declare the Republicans.
    "They are just righting one of America's wrongs" declare the Democrats.

Two months later, the Pennsylvania supreme court upholds the state law which bans gay marriage, it will be met with ......

"It is a Kangaroo Court of activist neo-conservative judges" declare the Democrats.
    "They are just righting one of America's wrongs" declare the Republicans.

And round and round we'll go.......

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why do you find homosexuals so threatening, Yawn?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If the Constitution were amended to say just that, then, well, that would be that. Not sure why you're so obtuse you can't see otherwise.

Want some examples of stupid amendments? Prohibition, for one.

And what part of unenumerated powers don't you get? Jeez, it's like having an airplane discussion with a fish. You simply don't possess enough basic knowledge to understand.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Afraid to come out of the closet?

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We've already taken that discussion route before. Might be more beneficial to stay away from that.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh, so the constitution is flawed?

Son of a bitch. I thought it was sacred through and through.

Face it, hypocrites. It's good when it favors you, it sucks otherwise and you'll get an attorney to sue.

Airplane discussions with fish have nothing when it comes to discussing anything with a hypocrite.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

In 4,421 posts, you have yet to muster a single fact.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Using that logic, thousands upon thousands of - what's the term you use, oh yeah, wingnuts - are also battling the same thing. You're just a shade less than brilliant.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dear Yawn,

The following question was put to you earlier. Man up and answer as honestly as possible:

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hmm...not sure the words sacred or flawed ever entered the conversation, so your argument is trollop to begin with. Secondly, the point is the Constitution is a living document and can be changed. If an anti-gay marriage amendment were added, I'd hate it but it would still be the law. Plain and simple.

And how, praytell, is there any hypocrisy in anything I've written on this thread? A first-year government student would laugh in your face if they saw some of the things you've written here.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Once again, Yawn comes barging in with a shining example of bigotry and general assholery.

Good to know some things never change. ::)

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Today, I am extremely proud of the state of my birth.

I do wonder what took so long. But California is pretty aggressive in trying to move into the future with a lot of laws.

Good for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.