1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California Supreme Court overturns gay marriage ban (Non adolescent thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Not that you're going to change my mind (and I'm obviously not going to change some of yours...I always hold out for a miracle or two), but maybe this one can stick to the points rather than some "Petty-ful" child's play that got the last one shut down.

Here's to debate.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

OK. I'll bite first. Here's hoping this thing gets extended to November for the vote, in which, the will of the people may be heard - and who knows, the other side might win, and if it does, fine. But then, maybe the California National Guard can "crack down" on the angry mobs by pummeling some heads and reminding them that the powerful (in this case, the judiciary) lords over the people. If you've lived in Russia, that should feel familiar.

3. Yawn,

You're right about everything. The rest of us are wrong. We concede every point.

Thanks

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Here's an idea!

Read the court's opinion!

See you in a couple hours, Yawn. That is, if you want to have an adult discussion. Adults actually read court opinions for themselves, instead of talking out their rear end.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I think that people should be allowed to be happy. why the hell should it matter what sexual orientation you are?

6. More importantly why would you extend it to a Nov. vote?
    To pass a (state) Constitutional amendment, which Gov. Arnold already said he won't support?
    I have said this before: The consitution (state and local) is a shield to protect the rights of individuals, not a sword to be used to limit them.
    A consitutional amendment to ban gay marriage- hell, to ban anything! - is a bad, bad idea on any level.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Legalized drugs, legalized murder, legalized pedophilia - wowee, those priests have been set free! Isn't the constitution a wonderful thing? Or is it a consitution? Or is it constipation?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tell you what. Get your head out of your ass and we'll take a look.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This is the contest winner to succeed the Che Clinton avatar. Congratulations to my Democrat adversaries. Well-deserved.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How can this be a non-adolescent thread when Yawn started it?

11. Can somebody offer me a rational, non-religious reason why they are against gay marraige? I've had many arguments about this and I've yet to hear a sound, rational reason as to why gays shouldn't be allowed to get married.

To me, it's discrimination. Plain and simple. Not allowing a group of people to have the same rights as the rest of the country.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Because people getting married is an attack on marriage. Duh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.