1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California judge rules ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lawrence v. Texas

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/40683

I want to save this post for those who think Democrats are the only ones insulted in these threads:

I don't think it takes "wingnut" attitudes to conclude that something voted in can only be changed by being voted out. I disagree, but deliberate misinterpretation of our laws in an effort to make a point doesn't necessarily make an individual a "WINGNUT!!!!"

It proves that Prop. 8's opponents underestimated the support it would get from people who still take their cues from organized religion. Many people were shocked when the numbers came out, as they had assumed that minority voters who came out to support Obama would automatically support this particular civil rights battle. That wasn't the case.

Supreme Court gave the final stamp to a presidential election a few years ago. And considering the events of that presidency, Bush v. Gore was kinda big.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Biggest since January's Citizens United v. FCC ruling.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

But you haven't got any guts to unless someone speaks against it. Separate rules for separate people.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Please just shut up.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Not until they put the Chelsea Clinton thread back up or admit the bias and inconsistency of allowing any political threads. "Conservative ilk" above says enough to support this.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Neither does the vote of the American public. The fact is, we're a country run by judicial activists.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The fact is, we're run by a supreme governing document.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Want a fucking towel to cry into? You're so predictable.

10. Piotr Rasputin

[​IMG]

;) :D ;D

11. printdust

printdust New Member

The fact is, we are in words only, not actions.

I say let this all go to the Supreme Court, every state, every court, and let the fur fly once and for all.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Hypocrites.
    whatever dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.