1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California Chrome goes for the Triple Crown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Jun 7, 2014.

1. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Interesting? What is interesting about an owner whining about a system that has been in place for decades after his horse finishes fourth?

Did the second- and third-place finishers take the cowards way out, too?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Exactly, fuck him. I had read somewhere this was the biggest field to chase a potential Triple Crown winner in years. Why? Because people thought his horse was vulnerable. I am sure he will be backtracking from this.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That was the rant of a man who just lost $70 million in stud fees.

4. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

It only took 148 years to expose the Triple Crown process as the fraud that it is, right Steve Coburn? Dumb Ass.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wow. I know who's the Worst Guy in Sports for June 7.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Funny, I didn't hear one complaint about how "things are done" the past three weeks. He probably has a point. Maybe not. But don't articulate it five minutes after you got your dumb ass beat. Go have another Long Island Iced Tea, cry over a New York strip and bitch about the process and format in three months.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Best postgame, postrace, whatever, interview since Richard Sherman.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It's the winner of two Triple Crown races. He'll stud for a king's ransom. So while he won't be sent to the glue factory, a sticky white liquid WILL be a big part of his future.

(it's semen)

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for explaining it for us.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Never hurts to not overestimate the audience.

11. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

ESPN, for once, offered something worthwhile during post-race coverage. It was noted that the original jockey said the horse doesn't do well on the inside/with dirt in the puss. That horse was in that position for some time.

12. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Still haven't seen official times but saw on Twitter Secretariat would have squeaked by to a 22-length victory.

Draft saved Draft deleted