1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calgary: Flash Is a Tour Guide Extraordinaire!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was approximately two years ago when I learned that I was going to Calgary. Niagara Falls was an option but to my group’s disappointment they lost the vote. I couldn’t help but think, “What the hell is there to do in Calgary?”

Sure enough, much like SJ came through for me with Pittsburgh, SJ came through for me with Calgary. The trip was phenomenal.

Flash was kind enough to chauffer around my friends and I for some time. Later on she learned this was to her detriment. We hit up bars and eateries. We were even able to shove Beckham’s balls in our mouth, yummy. We saw a giant glacier making my buddies and I wonder, ‘Can I stick my tongue on that?’

We did stuff.
    We saw stuff.
    We ate stuff.

That stuff rocked. Hard.

If I wasn’t still in detox after the trip, I would raise a pint of Keith’s to Flash for being about as cool a person as anyone I have ever met.

Cheers!

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Re: Calgary

Oh my gosh ... I'm blushing.

Sweets, it was very much my pleasure to show you and the guys around my city. I wish we had had time to do more. I would have taken you to Peanuts to see the headquarters for the Calgary Celtic Soccer Club fans.

Hahahahah ... that would have been a hoot with you guys in your Rangers jerseys!!

And a stop to the Gravity Room, a bikini bar for bikers, might have been in order.

Never laughed so hard. Must upload the vid of Frankie making love to my camera.

Good times all around. You're welcome back any time!!!

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I've wanted to visit Calgary since the '88 Olympics. It looks like a beautiful city.

I'll get there someday, preferably when the Eskimos visit on Labor Labour Day.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

You should probably title this thread Flash Is a Tour Guide Extraordinaire!

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah oui ... I've been to one Labour Day Classic (usually I'm playing ball that weekend). I don't remember much of it.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Spent just a little bit of time in Calgary last year on my way to Banff and thought it was a pretty cool city.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's only ONE Labour Day Classic.

Argos at Hamilton. :)

So, if fellow Canuckistaners come to Calgary, will we get the Pastor treatment?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is that because you've only been to one, or because of all the concussions?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Absolutely. So long as you don't mind drinking Maritime beer.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

The beer washed the day away.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Done!

The amount of construction going on took away from some of the actual beauty inside the city, but once we exited and drove out to the countryside... Wow.

It was seriously one of the coolest trips I've been on.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Construction? What construction?

Draft saved Draft deleted