1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calgary daily investigating own employees after memo leak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by canucklehead, Sep 10, 2013.

1. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Memo from top editor:

Folks,

It was brought to my attention last night that the afternoon email I sent out to the newsroom about today’s 10 a.m. update was sent out from a newsroom employee to a third party out of office.

This is not the first time something like this has come back to me.

Clearly, it is against our email policy to send internal communication to an adversarial outside institution, and an act that the company views as a breach of trust (see the legal warning at the bottom of every email you send).

An investigation has begun. I would advise you all strongly not to do this in future.

Lorne

This is what it relates to

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/09/10/postmedia-plant-closures.html

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when newspapers used to investigate public corruption, social ills, and other civic matters.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How fucking stupid does an employee have to be to forward the thing from a work-owned email account?

Draft saved Draft deleted