1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caffeine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's been a week since I stopped drinking diet soda. I had bad headaches the first day or two, but I'm OK now.
    Saw my doctor about the reflux and trouble swallowing on Thursday. He prescribed a generic version of Prilosec. I'm seeing a gastroenterologist on the 25th.
    It's the same guy I saw in 2003. I had an endoscopy then and there was nothing precancerous.
    I'm a little worried I won't be so lucky this time.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is my eighth day of drinking nothing but water. If you took the over, you win.

Changed my diet a bit. Nothing drastic, just smaller, more sensible meals. Couple miles on the treadmill three or four times.

Down 6 pounds. I'll be impressed if I can keep that up, which won't happen, I'm sure.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The problem with Red Bull is there's a lot more sugar. You go to Target and get a six-pack of 5 Hour Energy for 12 bucks if you really need the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sugar-free Red Bull.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Dredging up an old thread to report that I am down to one 7.5-ounce baby Diet Coke today. I'm a little unfocused, and I have a little bit of a headache, but I'm hoping to ditch it totally by the end of the week. Thought about trying to get through today without one, but the headache was throbbing a little too much.

The wife is pretty happy about it, but I don't think she'll be completely pleased until I also ditch Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I figure I'll kick the chemical addiction first, then go after the psychological one.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think most energy drinks are putrid, but I did find one I like: Rockstar Energy Cola. Tastes good for a cola and one can gets me going good.

Must be the ginseng, guarana and ginkgo more than the caffeine, 'cause all regular joe does is just ... keep me regular.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If they ever make caffeine free Coke Zero, I will be a very happy man...

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'll have a double expresso or a strong Costa Rican coffee (black) every morning. Sometimes another around 3:30p-4p.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I want Mountain Dew to come out with its version of "Zero"

Although, I tried Mello Yello Zero the other day and it was pretty gross.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good man. Do you make the espresso at home, or get it from a shop?

And, pet peeve, but unless you're in France, it's espresso.

Just had two doubles. They did the trick in more ways than one.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Usually, at home, from one of these...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Old school. Nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted