1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cadillac ads music -- The Pogues join Iggy Pop

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Feb 27, 2007.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've got to admit I like their taste. Yeah, they ran Zep's "Rock and Roll" into the ground, but lately they've had two Iggy Pop songs ("Here Comes Success" and that "Punk Rocker" collaboration thing), and during the Oscars I heard the Pogues' "Sunny Side of the Street."

This may not be hip to the youngsters around here, but it's safe to say that we of a certain age never expected Iggy or Shane MacGowan to ever be shilling for Cadillac.

Of course, if they're going to use the Pogues, they probably should put up an Escalade ad with the line from "Fairytale of New York" -- "...they've got cars big as bars...."

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Re: Cadillac ads music

Cadillac replaced its ad agency within the past year, hence the change of music. It's also spent the past few years becoming relevant again, which seemed unfathomable in, say, the 1980s.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Better than Toyota's unending use of "It keeps you ruuunnnin! Yeah, it keeps you runnin!" It's on almost every break. About ready to slit my wrists.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me who did the jazz stuff Jaguar used a couple of years ago? Low, throbbing, quiet bass followed by three sharp brass notes then kickin' drums. It's been bugging me for a long time ...

Draft saved Draft deleted