1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Caddyshack: The Inside Story" just started on Biography channel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You're welcome

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Setting the DVR for the 1 a.m. showing. Thanks again.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd love to see that. Wish I could get that channel.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Saw it a few months back. Awesome. Didn't think I could know anything else about Caddyshack, then I watched this.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Saw this one already. Was good.

Saw the Animal House one, too.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't get the Bio channel. Wish I did.

Were there gems like who they originally wanted for certain parts? I love that with classic movies like how they wanted Chevy Chase to play Otter in Animal House and stuff like that.

7. Steak Snabler

I'm just glad they dug up Spalding ... and had him sitting next to a plate containing a hamburger (no a cheeseburger), a hot dog and potato chips during the interview ...

8. Steak Snabler

Don Rickles for Al Czervik was one ...

Also interesting to know that Carl the Assistant Greenskeeper had no lines until Bill Murray came on board and ad-libbed the character into the comedy hall of fame.

One other thing I learned was that the girl who brought the Baby Ruth to the pool grew up to play Marty Funkhauser's wife on Curb Your Enthusiasm

9. Steak Snabler

one other thing ... Lacey Underall is still a babe, though it's obvious she's had some work done ...

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had actually heard that a lot of Murray's best lines in the film were shot when he was fucking around in rehearsals and in between takes.

11. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Member

I'm just glad he wasn't picking his nose during the interview ... :)

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I heard it was a hell of a chore to keep Chase and Murray from beating the shit out of each other on set.
    IIRC; The scene where Ty is in Carl's "house" is the only time the entire movie they share a scene together.

Draft saved Draft deleted