1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CA overpass collapse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Apr 29, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Is this where the 80, 880 and 580 all meet/go over-under, just south of the Bay Bridge? If so, that's a real mess.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Good thing nobody died because of this. I mean, if a few had bit the dust, I'm sure we'd have some people calling for bans of over passes.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

CNN's Rick Sanchez asked in a teaser why did this bridge suddenly fall without warning.... assclown.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

All of the Bay Area mass transit systems are offering free rides to help deal with the expected congestion in the wake of the bridge collapse:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/30/ALTERNATIVES.TMP

6. I drive a lot.
    I don't like this story at all.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You live out there?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

To avoid the bridge, one would have to detour about 40 miles: either south to Hayward, across and back up, or north to San Rafael and back down across the Golden Gate.

If I lived in East Bay and worked in SF, I'd find a buddy's couch to crash on.

9. No, but if a Cali freeway can do this, I don't want to think about the shape the ancient bridges I drive over must be in.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm rather suprised, and greatful, that nobody was injured in this. That is what amazes me the most.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

RIP double decker freeway interchange.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted