1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

C3PO, why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 31, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think George Lucas just might be a virgin. Middle school kids can write dialogue with more mature sensuality than Lucas can.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Bubbler, in the words of Boo-yah Stew-ya, "man, fuck those guys."

That was funny as hell to read for fun.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Let's not overlook the AWESOME SUCK that was Jake Lloyd in Phantom Menace: C-SPAN in Space. I think most fans of the original trilogy were shell-shocked by its awfulness. Except for Maul's fight scene at the end, it's almost unwatchable.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree. I loved seeing that little kid act all innocent, knowing he'd grow into the evil Vader.

And as much as Binks sucked, I loved Phantom Menace, if for no other reason than seeing the pieces put in place for the democracy to be shattered.

Of course, I'm also a bit of a history buff so those senate floor debates had me intrigued.

5. Bubbler

Yeah. It was like watching Henry Clay debate the Compromise of 1850 after it was filtered through a Jabba The Hut buttock fatfold and into an intergalactic pipe filled with suck moving at hyperdrive speed. :D

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Now we know why Han Solo called him Goldenrod.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, that cracked me up.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Awesome. And that trading card is way cooler than the "Luke stares at two-sun sunset" or the "C3PO walks past dinosaur bones" cards I recall having as a kid.

Great thread, Bubbler. Personally, I think C3PO was George Lucas's version of this famed, gold-covered character:

[​IMG]

Not sure what that says about Lucas, though!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Bubbler

Dammit Coco, now I'm picturing C3PO in various scenes from Goldfinger.

I cannot stomach the idea of C3PO sitting in the backseat of Bond's Aston Martin when they're being chased by Goldfinger's baddies in Switzerland shouting, "Oh Mr. Bond, we're surely doomed!"

Or the laser scene, where he might say, "007, the odds of you not getting your package fried off are 9,874,321 to 1!"

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Odd Job > Darth Maul

11. Bubbler: That was a fucking brilliant post.

Everyone: schiezainc is not as far off the mark as you all want him to be.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

But what would the odds have been of finding the Slazenger in the rough?

Brilliant post as usual, Bubs ...

Draft saved Draft deleted