1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

C.Ronaldo says he wants out of Man U

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373549&cc=5901

"I think I should get out of Manchester"
    "The circumstances are not right to keep playing in Manchester."
    "In two or three days I will decide where to go. I always said I wanted to play in Spain."
    "Nobody stood up for me at Manchester, although I did not do anybody any harm."

I'm sorry if this was a D_B but I guess we expected this to happen. This just shows how much the World Cup can do to a guy. 2 plays have single handedly driven out C.Ronaldo from England. He'll probably end up playing for Real Madrid. Robinhio,Ronaldo,C.Ronaldo,Raul, and Beckam. Sounds like a good team but they've had trouble with team chemistry.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If Man U really wants to stick it to this guy, they'll sell him to Arsenal. :D

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Quiet. You'll fuck up my reverse-jinx. I love me some Arsenal.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

But you have to understand this guy's situation. He's a marked man in England. Rooney brought that red card to himself. He deserved it. Ronaldo put the cherry on top when he hit the game winner in PK.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Real's not going to win with him or without him. Like my Sicilian friend's father says, Real has lots of guys who want to drink the water, nobody who wants to go get the water.

Becks'll be outta there, back in the P-ship.

I sorta hope that the Italian keepers, Buffon and Toldo (2000 Euro, sigh) end up in England.

YHS, etc

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Where the FUCK are all the English assholes making Rooney play in Zimbabwe!

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Can't blame him.

Manchester hasn't been the same since the Hacienda closed.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When are the English fans going to stop acting like bitches and admit that Rooney totally deserved that red card? On what planet does Ronaldo become a bigger villian than Rooney?

They act as if Ronaldo was the clincher in talking the ref into it, as if the ref didn't see the original infraction and as Ronaldo was the arbiter of what controlled the ref's mind.

Besides, if I were Portugese, you damn well better believe I'd be angling to get Rooney sent off too. It's called gamesmanship, nothing wrong with it. Ronaldo did what all teammates should do, even if there's a smidge of chicanery in it.

It's a massive helping of scapegoating bullshit to protect their overrated golden boy. And I generally LIKE English soccer and DISLIKE Crisitiano Ronaldo because he plays for pansy-ass Man U.

9. becks is rumored to be headed to Newcastle.

10. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Chelsea has no room for him, Bucks. With Lampard, Ballack, Joe Cole, Makelele, Robben, Essien and Duff, playing time is already going to be hard to spread around.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

A) Rooney and Ronaldo are equally reprehensible, albeit for different reasons. Rooney deserved the card and Ronaldo deserves the stigma of a diver/whiner/little girl.

2) Nothing wrong with harassing a referee to get a fellow professional sent off? Buffalo biscuits. A center worth his salt should give a booking to every player who asks for one. It's disrespectful to the other players and the game itself.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Gamesmanship, chicanery, flopping, flopping, flopping, all of it stinks. Add another referee, to better keep an eye on all of the action. That way, when one player goes grape stomping, it won't take a one-man play to convince a ref of what happened.

Notice how nobody, Ronaldo, et. al, went to defend their fallen teammate. They bitched at the ref instead. I'm sure that made the guy with the swollen testicles feel great.

Remember when that UVA offensive tackle took a cheap shot at BC's Kiwanuka (sp) ? Kiwanuka's teammate didn't go whining to the ref... he went and whooped some ass. He got kicked out for it, but it was justified.

Just play the freaking game. If you're genuinely hurt, stay down. If not, get the fuck up and play some more.

Draft saved Draft deleted