1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BYU's leading rebounder Brandon Davies kicked off team for violating Honor Code

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NickMordo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm curious - what happens on this missions? One or two years, 19-20 year-olds far from home. I figure the code is also in effect, but maybe not? Is it why you always see them travelling in pairs?

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Meanwhile, this has got Trey Parker and Matt Stone making furious rewrites to "The Book of Mormon."

http://www.bookofmormonbroadway.com/

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I believe it has to do with caffeine...

Mutual handies.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, that's it. http://www.mormonwiki.com/Caffeine

One of my old post-college roommates was a former BYU athlete. He said partying there happened, you just did it wayyyy off campus. He liked to hang out with the Samoans, because they had the best parties.

Getting lucky was the most difficult part. He said the girls were looking for husbands, not hookups.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Interesting. Sounds like Provo won't be seeing ole Jimbo returning for any homecomings.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Being forced to switch to Seattle's Best.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Relax. Tigervols also created a thread absurdly trying to blame the Catholic church for the Somali pirate attacks. I suspect his issue is all organized religions, not just yours.

And making fun of religious doctrine is very different than mocking someone for their race or ethnicity. That's a weak analogy.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Two Hail Marys and an Our Father?

9. Mizzou,

I'm calling BS on your story (not that it would be the first time someone has called you out on here). You can get Mountain Dew, coffee, tea and probably anything else anywhere in Utah. We used to walk across the street from the baseball field at BYU to the gas station to get our fill.

The only place in Utah you are not going to get a caffeinated soda is on the BYU campus.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They aren't allowed to wear their holy underwear for 24 hours.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree. The university sets the standards, not the coaches. If one does not wish to abide by them, there are literally hundreds of other Division I schools where they can play/coach.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

What about on the court? Don't BYU players, just like any other player on every other team in America, curse if they make a bad play or their team is down 20 at halftime? Can the coach curse?

Draft saved Draft deleted