1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BYH...Get your lotion and tissues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

October 24, 2009

PREPARE FOR AN INFESTATION! LEGENDARY HARD ROCK ICONS ANNOUNCE INFESTATION AS TITLE OF NEW ALBUM DUE MARCH 2010 THROUGH LOUD & PROUD/ROADRUNNER

New York, NY: Legendary hard rock icons RATT announced today that Infestation will be the title of their next album, due out in March 2010 via Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records. Infestation is the band’s first studio album since 1999. Infestation was produced by Elvis Baskette (Chevelle, Incubus, Limp Bizkit) and marks the very first time in their storied career that RATT have recorded outside of Los Angeles! The band lived together at Elvis’ Virginia studio while recording the album. In addition to core, longtime members Stephen Pearcy, Warren DeMartini and Bobby Blotzer, the album also features new guitarist Carlos Cavazo, formerly of Quiet Riot, and Robbie Crane, who has been with the band for twelve years, will continue on bass.

RATT have enjoyed a rich, impressive and certainly long-lasting legacy through the years, having made their mark in the 1980s with several platinum albums, including Out of the Cellar, Invasion of Your Privacy and Dancing Undercover. With 1984’s mega-platinum debut Out of the Cellar celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the band is looking forward to starting a new chapter with new music to complement the impressive legacy they have established over two-plus decades.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They opened for Billy Squier in 1984. Next.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw them in a four-band bill in 1987.

In order of the billing:

Poison
    Whitesnake
    Ratt
    Motley Crue

Slip of the Lip is my favorite Ratt song, although Round and Round is quite good as well.

They also sing the song that plays during the closing credits of Point Break.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

He didn't even need lotion and tissues; As soon as he saw it, he blew it on spot.

Spot is pissed, too.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Guess Chris Turner's dad may no longer have time to put Maryland coaches on blast on message boards.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

First cassette tape I ever bought when I got my first Walkman - Out of the Cellar.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since when is Ratt "hard rock"!?!

Hair metal icons, OK. But not hard rock.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Milton Berle in heaven had his 18 inches go erect and doesn't know why.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahh, yes. Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records = the iPublish of the music world.

Aside from Detonator, their last album w/the original band and a fucking awesome collection of glossy hair metal (the best power ballad you've never heard is "Givin' Yourself Away"), Ratt were the ultimate hair metal singles band. As in, they recorded complete crap beyond the songs that got airplay. The first four Ratt tapes are unforgettably forgettable.

They also mail it in live and have an obvious contempt for each other. Saw them about 12 yrs ago and Pearcy was barely going thru the motions. Pass.

(That "Point Break" theme is fucking awesome though..."Nobody Rides For Free")

Draft saved Draft deleted