1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, bye stubble: Shaving

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

One thing I do do is shave with cold water. Makes a world of difference. Used to get all kinds of irritation under my chin, no longer.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Mach 3 should be your best bet because the blades are cheaper than the four or five bladed razors.
    I've had the same Mach 3 body since Gillette sent me one when i turned 18; that was 12 years ago. I don't have to replace the blades all that often because I, too, shave twice a week.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I use the Quintippio Megashave!

http://youtu.be/RH6_MaUFM10

Seriously. The old cheap Bics have never done me too wrong. Orange can of Edge, two times a week (probably should be three or so - I look rather gnarly on Saturdays) after the shower. I'd love to just take care of it in the shower, but I'm frigging blind without my glasses on, so flying blind and groggy with a sharp metal object seems like a bad idea.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Used to love the Schick Slim Twins, but the wider head and design of the Mach 3 really do make a difference.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've used the Mach 3 since I was in college. Love it. I've got a stockpile of Mach 3 blades in my medicine cabinet, so I'm prepared for a shutdown.

Today will be the last day I shave until mid-June, hopefully. Playoff beard time.

Draft saved Draft deleted