1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, bye stubble: Shaving

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's what I use. An electric only works for my face, not my neck and I'm one of those people who really should shave twice a day, which seems completely unfair since I've been balding for the last decade. :)

Shaving cream is a colossal waste of money. Use soap, shampoo or conditioner.

2. I have actually tried a lot over the past few years, and this one is by far the best I have used for a true clean shave.

[​IMG]

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How can something that costs $2 (and *maybe* $12 a year) be a colossal waste of money?

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That's still $6 per leg, Sonner.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

OK. Here's what many might consider a dumb question. How did you learn to shave with a straight razor or disposable? I've only used electric shavers (been shaving 30-something years), and just don't have any idea how you would begin to shave with a blade without cutting yourself.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Now THAT would be a colossal waste of money because my legs are fucking great the way they are.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, I used to use the Neutrogena stuff that was about $6 and would last me about three weeks. That's what my dermatologist recommended to keep my neck from breaking out.

Well, using cheapass shampoo or conditioner works better than expensive shaving gel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Dry your blades to make it last longer. The hair doesn't dull the blade as much as water.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Use the Schick Hydro 5. I get about two weeks use out of each razor. Best combo of cheap/good shave that I've found.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Grow a beard.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I actually think it's hard to cut yourself with a modern safety blade like the Mach 3 or the Schick Quattro.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

You can also keep unused blades in the refrigerator. Something about the cold making the metal last longer or some such.

Draft saved Draft deleted