1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, Bye Rudy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lamar Mundane, Mar 5, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Who?

I think that covers it for now.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Rudy is a lot more intelligent and does have far greater leadership ability than the current Idiot in Chief...
    but he does have some of the same flaws

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

If you don't know who Bill Richardson is that's a positive. He enters the race with no baggage.

then again, perhaps you should leave the political discussion to the grown ups.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Lamar, I see that you haven't experienced Dooley's sarcasm font too much.

5. dooley_womack1

And maybe you can fuck off. I didn't say I didn't know, but I betcha there are a helluva lot fewer people who know him than who know Hillary, Barack, McCain, Rudy, etc.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Most of the country (dools not included) does not know who BIll Richardson is.

I think Richardson is an interesting candidate but he lacks name recognition and money.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Because Castro and Arafat had shown themselves to be so receptive to diplomacy efforts?

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Money is Richardson's only problem. A big one, granted, but not terminal. Obama has to prove he can win in white middle America, that he's black enough (whatever that means) to the African-American community. Hillary won't ever get above 60 percent likeability in her own party. She's probably over 50, perhaps 70, in GOP negativity.

Those two will evaporate under scrutiny when polling gets heated up late spring. The media will spit them out after six months of fawning over them. I see the same happening to Rudy and McCain.

In steps Richardson and if he can survive the Morman thing, Romney might be left.

Dark horse, Huckabee but he is an unfortunate looking man with a credible resume. He ain't ready for the big-time but might be Romney's VP nominee.

Richardon, as Dem Gov. Assoc. head, helped push forward the Nevada primary. He will come in second in NH, first in Iowa and first in Nevada.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Other than "fucked over his wife" ... can't think of a thing. Incredibly popular, for some odd reason, but a total douchenozzle of a human being.

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Didn't they say that about Bill Clinton? (I don't know about the money part. Different time, I know.)

11. dooley_womack1

Yeah, definitely, and Richardson would seem to have some good credentials. But getting known takes some work. But if the breaks fall, you can catch people unawares, like Clinton or Jimmy Carter.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree with a lot lf what you just said Lamar. And I do find Richardson very qualified and interesting.
    I think Obama has more legs than Hillary because she is a more divisive figure.
    Rudy and McCain will be toasted before the primaries get serious, leaving the GOP race wide open.

Draft saved Draft deleted