1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye-bye P-I: One man's -30-

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ArnoldBabar, Mar 16, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

David (AB)

Some excellent words, just as good as Mr. Hickey's 2 and a half weeks ago. Good luck to you and the rest of your colleagues, may you land on your feet somewhere.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

David,

You're one of the best ball writers around. Here's looking forward to your next baseball story, wherever it might appear.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

God bless those at SportsJournalists.com and elsewhere who have been calling the bar where we're having our wake tonight and donating to our tab.

Ditto to the Tacoma News Tribune. They just called to ask how many are working sports tonight, and they're sending pizzas.

Good people in this business.

The booze is flowing freely in the newsroom tonight -- I fear there could be typos.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The trick is to make the first letter of every word or line spell out something.

5. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

At the risk of overwhelming the bartenders at said establishment, can someone pass on to those of us who also would like to contribute to the tab the contact number?

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Sad, sad day here in Seattle and for the industry in general. If anybody would like a final print edition of Tuesday's P-I PM me and I can try to snag you one. One thing that will never translate online is the impact of photos (especially the big ones) in newsprint. I don't care if you have a 45-inch computer monitor, photos in newsprint are much more powerful than anything online. Truly timeless.

studthug12 likes this.
  7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Enjoy the round... it's from those of us who have been in your shoes, dread the day we're in your shoes and never had a chance to have a wake,...

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Forwarded to you, Andy. I don't see 'gola online at the moment, so I can send the info if more folks want it. PM...

It warms my heart to hear the Trib is taking care of you guys, too. This biz is a family, even in the same market.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I sent it on to him as well. Horrid depressing day all around.

10. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Where is the bar most P-I sports folks are at, perhaps some of us at the Times can join you? I for one hate to see any paper of any circulation close.

11. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Sounds like the place is rockin' and their manager told me there's TV cameras there allegedly from Inside Edition recording the moment.

AB, it's the least we can do under the circumstances. Consider it an over-the-counter elixir.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Be sure you add your names to the transactions.

NEWSPAPERS
    HEARST, CORP. -- Fired David Andriesen, outstanding baseball writer, Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Add as needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted