1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye-bye P-I: One man's -30-

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ArnoldBabar, Mar 16, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As someone who is priveliged to have met AB, and even seen his kitchen and mancave, I am truly, truly sorry for you, your wonderful family, and all of your co-workers.

You were tremendous to all of us who paid a visit last summer, a credit to the profession, and I echo the sentiment others have expressed that you continue to write. The world would be poorer without it.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Best wishes to you. Any of us could be next.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

David,
    The words 'thoughts,' 'prayers' and 'hugs' seem little solace to the pain you and you colleagues are suffering today.
    But it's all I have right now.
    Best of luck. Keep writing.
    Angela

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

So sorry, AB

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not to muck this thread up too much, but if you want to help the PI sports department have a night to remember please PM me.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

AB,

It is so hard to witness the death of an industry we obviously love more than those who are running it. But all of us, when we go, will take with us the knowledge that we did our best until the end, whenever that end of the road comes for us. Good luck in your next endeavor and take your talents and skills to a place that will appreciate you. I know when I was in Seattle for assignments the Seattle writers were nothing if not incredibly helpful and friendly to me. It's a beautiful city that will be a little less wonderful after tomorrow's newspaper death.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

David,

So sorry to hear this. Best of luck with whatever comes next.

JakeandElwood

8. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Just make sure it's good Scotch. That's all you can do at this point.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

AB, so sorry to hear the news--best of luck to you and everyone else up there.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

You guys are going to go out in style tonight, AB. Drink up, P-I brethren.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

AB: I can't say it any better than Moddy. You're an inspiration to us all, man. Hang in there. - BW

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm so sorry for everything that's happened to you and your colleagues, David.

Draft saved Draft deleted