1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye-bye P-I: One man's -30-

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ArnoldBabar, Mar 16, 2009.

1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Be well AB, and good luck.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Who do I know at the PI?? Thiel, for sure, from some long ago Pac-10 Skywriters trips.
    Not sure who else is there who I know, but I wish you all the best.
    You will always miss what you did, but find a job where you don't work nights and weekends and enjoy your family and your life to the max.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I worked as a freelancer for the Post-Intelligencer for the first time for a couple of days this past week.

It was a privilege, one I lamented that I hadn't had earlier on, just because the experience was so good.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Much like Ducky I grew up reading the two Seattle papers (though I wanted the Seahawks gig). Good luck to you in all you do in the future AB.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Damn. Inevitable, yet still terrible, news.

Wishing you and your family the best, AB.

6. Hold, brother. Hold. The medium isn't the message. Keep writing.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, if you doubted you could pull that off with class, you don't have to worry.

Much respect and much luck in the future.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Excellent tribute, AB.

My words can not begin to comfort you. Please take care and stay strong.

For what it's worth, I'll continue to pray for you and my brothers and sisters in the business.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dave,

I can't say much more than what's already been said, but good luck and if you're ever here, the drinks are on me. I hope you land on feet doing something you enjoy, even if it's just staying at home with your son for a bit.

SC

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

David, lots of prayers headed your way... we'll be thinking of you.

I've been to Seattle once in my life. I can't remember if we intentionally drove past the P-I or happened by it, but I'll never forget the sight of that globe. Sad to see it go.

11. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

David and the rest of you folks at the P-I, godspeed. A truly sad, sad day in this business. I had forgotten what today was, but I knew that word was coming down up there. May all of you got back on your feet as quickly as possible.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

David/AB,

Lots of us are pulling for you.

Jesus

Draft saved Draft deleted