1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, bye, Boondocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 25, 2006.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Maybe the family car will break down on the highway to Kapuskasing, and they'll all get eaten by a pack of wolves.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

I like FBOFW and I hope it continues for a long time.
    The one character it never focues on is the father.
    I could just see him having a gay affair in Montreal.
    Heh, heh!

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

[​IMG]

21 nailed it earlier - the comics have not been the same since Bloom County went away. Opus, Portnoy, Hodge Podge, Milo, Steve Dallas, Cutter John. One of the all-time greats.

I found Sherman's Lagoon a while back and it is the only comic strip that I read on Sundays. Great stuff.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

My former paper used to run Sherman. Haven't seen it anywhere else around these parts, but definitely an underrated strip.
    I just wonder what FBOFW is setting us up for: Grandpa Jim as Terri Schiavo? This could make the fuss over Lawrence's coming-out look like a Tupperware party.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Anybody see the fake questionnaire McGruder did for Esquire a few months back. Hilarious stuff, in a I-really-can't-repeat-this-at-the-office kind of way.

Long live Steve Dallas.

Draft saved Draft deleted