1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, bye, Boondocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. joe

joe Active Member

Good.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Worst. Comic. Ever.

[​IMG]

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

So did I. I made a habit of always bringing in a copy of the major metro we got out in our neck of the middle of nowhere, which continued to carry it. The executive editor at my place -- the same person who agreed to remove the strip from our comics page -- saw me with the big city paper and for the next two weeks made me give up my big city comics so she could keep up with the strip. She said it was so should could gauge when to bring it back in our paper, but it turned out she was just a big fan of the strip and didn't want to fall behind.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

fucking shit, that series knocked me for a loop.

I was on a cross country trip with some buddies during spring break when this happened. You wouldn't believe how bummed out four guys could be over a comic strip dog.

Fuck you TSP for reminding me how sad that was! I hate your blog!!!! :D :D

Is FBOFW really ending? I haven't read it in years, but it was my favorite for a long time...certainly my favorite once Calvin and Hobbes disappeared.

And yes Cougar, April is 15. I remember she was born right before I graduated HS in 1991. <----------lame-o

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

So does that mean April is soon to be hittable? ;)

My favourite strip is probably still Andy Capp.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh Andy. You wife-beating drunk you.--Homer Simpson

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, Flo got the better of Andy more times than not. Actually, I can't remember a fight in which she didn't kick his ass and chuck him out of the house.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Rent?

"Spent!"

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

FBOW's creator says she will stop when her contract expires in 2007.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I liked the comic strip, but love the fuckin cartoon. Can't wait for the new season of Boondocks

Draft saved Draft deleted