1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye-bye Black Donnellys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

TVGuide.com:
    Hmmm. Maybe Studio 60 returns?

Edit: Uh, nevermind. It's cheap programming to the rescue!
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117962485.html?categoryId=14&cs=1

2. Gee, now I'll never know what happens to all those people I don't care about.

3. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

The worst part about that show was how wrong they had Modern Day Hell's Kitchen. It's yuppie town over there and has been for about a decade. There aren't any Irish gang wars raging through the streets.

And there aren't any elevated trains in Manhattan. I wanted to scream every time I saw one of the characters walk under a train track.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

good riddance. i watched about a half hour of one of the first two episodes and those brothers had arguably the worst chemistry i've ever seen on screen - especially for people who are supposed to be related.

5. No more Olivia Wilde on my TV? sadness.

6. They missed a chance to add some teen sex and puff up the ratings quickly.

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I hate reading stories on Variety. Feels like I'm trying to decipher a foreign language.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I didn't watch an episode as it didn't appeal to me. I just hope that Studio 60 returns soon despite the crap that gets thrown on for now.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

hopefully she'll land on "friday night lights." riggins should get to nail her, too. he'll be due.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're the man, shockey. 8)

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

how can i be da man when you da man?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I really wanted to like this show. It had potential, and not just because of Olivia Wilde.

Draft saved Draft deleted