1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By God, these people really don't get it.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Feb 2, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So you think the government should supplement everyone's wages? So you'd take money from the taxes of the rich and give them to supplement the incomes of the poor?

Yawn is Robin Hood.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Gee, I thought that was what liberals really wanted.

Or is it just to keep promising the poor and also the working class shit they never intend to carry through on?

Yep, that's liberal. Thanks for straightening me out on that one.

Having said that...

It's transferring money from bureaucratic messes to people who should be getting the money in the first place.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Code:
    The whole damn thing is a get-rich-quick scheme by those greedy social workers!

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No. It's parasitical behavior. Even they know they can't solve the problems. Why are we paying people to help people subsist when they are doing that anyway? They're just sucking off the system.

OH MY GOD...what was I thinking? Any SOCIAL WORK school is a hotbed for democrat political brainwashing. They'll fight against killing the parasite forever.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So how do you determine who is eligible for government aid? And what do all the bureaucrats who are now out of work in government do for work, since only working people get subsidised? Or is there still unemployment benefit in this system as well?

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So are you saying the bureaucrats are more important?

I think the determination is made by IRS records....they're pretty clear as to who makes what.

But I guess we can just give up on something so complicated and just add some wordspeak legislation. Ah yes, the liberal way.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh, and those bureaucrats paychecks?

They get no less than the new minimum unless they can go out and find something productive to do.

8. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fenian, have you wrote your pal Teddy and thanked him for his compassion today? Wow. I bet those people getting a whopping 70 cents extra this year would like to shake your hand simply because of your voting record as they whiz on down that road to prosperity, hoping the two gallons of petro they just got from your pal will get them a couple hundred miles of traveling done.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And for how long can people claim unemployment benefit?

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, it's never-ending, just like the social work industry subsidies are now. And - gasp - how about prisoners paying their own way through labor instead of through tax money? Not to mention all the red-tape costs of keeping such parasites alive.

12. Raving nutballs, on the other hand, need that entrepreneurial spirit.

Draft saved Draft deleted