1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By God, Pelosi is doing something in the House

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Love it or leave it.

There's a plane leaving LaGuardia for Mother Russia in an hour. Pinko.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

My question is how can she or Reid be expected to accomplish anything, when such partisan politics are going to take place.

Anything they try to pass that would forward the Dems agenda is doomed to die at the presidential veto table, and they have no chance to get the majority they need to over-ride it because of the members on the other side of the aisle.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Get one thread locked, then come in and shit all over another one. You're on a roll, jagoshe.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Give me time. I'm working on a new entitlement program that will raise your taxes. Sound good?

5. Please put history back on the shelf where you found it.
    Cake's over there, by the way.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this SportsJournalists.com or Archie Bunker's Place?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There's cake?

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well Newt had the same issue and somehow negotiated around it and even worked with the president on a number of measures.

Again, this is about leadership not politics, as much as the people on these threads want to make it that.

9. zagoshe

No, I'm much more of an "All in the Family" or a "Jefferson's" guy.

Archie Bunker's place lacked Edith and if I'm not mistaken the meathead as well and thus lost a lot of the charm and dialogue from the All in the Family days........

10. Newt got maneuvered out of a serious political career by a president who on the day he was impeached had a higher approval rating than Newtie ever mustered.
    Of course, Newt leads in marriages, 3-1.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Funnily enough, that was most likely because there was a president in the White House who would reach across the aisle to get things done.

For all his talk, I am yet to see that type of attitude from the current incumbent.

12. zagoshe

I'm sure you are. And I'm sure it will be endorsed by the other good citizens here at SportsJournalists.com whose definition of being a good citizen apparantly reads something like "turn around and take it right up the poop shoot from your government without questioning it and do it on demand......"

Draft saved Draft deleted