1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By God, Pelosi is doing something in the House

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Wordspeak is not a word.
    That is not an answer.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don't.

It's so you.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's interesting that Yawn's whining about his own avatar. What happened, buddy, did those evil Spend-o-crats sneak into your computer and change your avatar to Hillary?

May I suggest this one?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, Nancy Pelosi's tenure as chief lib and big swinging dick of congress has been a ruosing success......When did it begin again? Is it over yet? I wouldn't know because she's done nothing of note to date.

If a Republican speaker of the house had accomplished this little and delivered this little on his/her promises the Fenian mafia of this board would be burning up their keypads starting threads about what a miserable failure he/she has been.

The silence on Pelosi, however, is deafening.

5. When I worked for the EPA, we would go to lunch in that cafeteria because it was cheap, not good. And it got us out of our depressing offices.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Please to be telling the rest of us the monumental achievements of the previous GOP speakers. Until then, here's a helping of STFU.

7. zagoshe

Like him or not, agree with him or not, Newt Gingrich promised the contract with America and got it done in 100 days. He also orchestrated the shove of Slick Willy to the right and stopped many of Slick Willy's most ridiculous and expensive left win projects.

Now I didn't say I agreed with everything Newt did, but unlike Nancy and Harry Reid, Newt promised to take a stand against Slick Willy's version of liberalism and he did it.

Now YOU STFU

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's all well and good, to point out hideous agenda items which Gingrich actually got done. Call those accomplishments, if you want, but far more Americans would call them mistakes.

Either way, that only takes us to 1998. The GOP still had the speaker's seat for several more years after that.

The Shutting the Fuck Up will commence when you list legit accomplishments of Gingrich and Hastert. Partisan-based agenda items that do detriment to the country don't count.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And Daschle accomplished what?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you.

This is more about hatred ot Pelosi and anything Democrat.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hastert looked good, serving himself.

As a man, Newt makes a worm appear tall.

12. zagoshe

OH, I see, so because you disagree with Newt all of his agenda items were bad for America. OK, well that is reasonable and open-minded.

You asked for an example of a speaker who accomplished something, I gave you one and you can't handle.

Now PLEASE STFU

Draft saved Draft deleted