1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By God, Pelosi is doing something in the House

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Jan 16, 2008.

1. As opposed to Denny Hastert and Tom (This Space For Rent) deLay?
    Well, yes, thanks.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, so am I. I don't know why I even deign to answer your populist posts.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I think Yawn has a point. This Congress shouldn't be about what DeLay didn't do, but rather about rectifying those things the last Congress neglected: specifically economic reform and Iraq, neither of which Pelosi has been particularly aggressive about addressing.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

It's simple math. In order to override a Presidential veto you need 2/3 of the Senate and (I think) 2/3 of the House. With such a slim majority, it's impossible.

A fairer -- although not necessarily more accurate -- criticism would be that Pelosi and Reid weren't able to change the minds of enough Republicans. IMHO, changing that many peoples' minds is an impossible task.

More proof that math sucks.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Chant the Democrap mantra, Fen: "It's All About Power, Not Action."

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You need a tissue?

Waaaah. We got elected, promising change and ...waaaah...these Republicans are stonewalling us......waaaahh...doing the same thing we did to them....waaaaah....sniff, snort, hack.....

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe the Republicans and their lackeys and sycophants are the only ones crying.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You can call it whining, but it still doesn't change the facts. Of course, I don't know of any Democrats who are satisfied with the job the House and Senate have done, but when it comes to overriding vetoes, 2/3 is 2/3.

The good news they won't have to worry about the pesky math in Jan. 2009.

Hillary+larger majority in the House+larger majority in Senate=The Perfect Society!!!

Abortions and health care for all. Declaration of all religion as illegal. European-style taxes.

I can't wait.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

For joy.

Because they could easily get the majority back...and even if Che or Obama should get the White House, this country won't trust the Democrats with every arm of power.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Weirdly, though, the toadies and lickspittles are holding up remarkably well.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You know, I'm about ready to retire Che as my avatar. To compare her with a courageous though misled warrior is a joke. Seriously. Hillary, the symbol of courage against a dysfunctional world? Please. I've got to work on that.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Change the avatar? NO! It's part of Yawn's corporate branding. Customers will be confused. How will we know instantly who to ignore?

If you must swap out Che Clinton, though, may I suggest Jesus in a pickup truck or Lou Dobbs getting teabagged?

Draft saved Draft deleted