1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By demand from another thread: Name a democrat hate-monger.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 11, 2008.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Give them a few hours, then check out what the Daily Kos bloggers and posters will have to say about Tony Snow's death. I'm pretty sure there won't be too many RIPs on there.

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

That's to assume no one has friends, work associates who are gay? C'mon dude. I had a friend - he has moved on now - who was. He knew my take; he also knew his family's take...they attended one of those right-wing churches. They still loved him; they probably prayed that he'd change, but they still were THERE for him as parents. Yeah I know, they're related. But I wasn't. He's brought a "friend" to social gatherings I invited him to. I wouldn't let them sleep over together in my home; but he'd respect that. If that seems to lack unconditional acceptance, hey, even the best of friends have boundaries. Some of those are unknown because they haven't been broached.

It's also a weak assumption, which I read in your comments, to suggest that Christians who believe what the Bible has to say about this HATE homosexuals or murderers, etc.

3. There are good and bad people in all religions, political ideologies, countries, etc.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Except for Luxembourg, which is perfect in every way.

5. Well, yeah. I figured that went without saying.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

But you can't be a christian and be a homosexual.

7. Yes you can. How is that different than any of the millions of sins we all commit, Zag?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Does the Bible mention anything about "Christian lifestyles"?

I thought lifestyles was Martha Stewart territory

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Everyone who says "The (Republican candidate) will appoint justices that will repeal Roe V. WADE!!!!!!" is a fear monger.

Hate monger? Everyone is just trying to get face time. I wonder how many people really believe what they spout.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I disagree to the extent that a drunk can be a Christian and still be a drunk; a murderer can inherit the kingdom as well. It's wrong and the issue will have to be dealt with one day, but salvation is a gift from God and therefore, God's to grant.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Actually, John McCain HAS said that he favors repealing Roe, so I'm not sure how that is fear mongering.

However, I just blinked, so I can't be totally sure what McCain's position on abortion is now.

As for Daily Kos -- or any blog, for that matter -- here's a good ground rule:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2006_08/009318.php

Once again, for those claming that there is an equivalent for Ann Coulter on the left, it should be reminded that she has been given standing ovations at the Conservative Political Action Conference, where she has shared the dais with the current vice president and Republican candidates for president of the United States.

(And no, Al Franken is not an equivalent, no matter how hard someone wishes it so. There is no audio/transcript evidence to back that up.)

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's fear mongering because the GOP knows it would be political suicide to repeal Roe v. Wade. And actually getting justices through Congress who would do it would be . . . . .

Aw, forget it. Like most on this board and in society, your personal politics prevent you from listening.

Draft saved Draft deleted