1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BWI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. golfgal

golfgal Guest

G&M is a great local secret. Huge cakes and good cheesesteaks. Basically a reminder of the SNL cheeburger, cheeburger scene.

Phillips is so overrated. I'm a native and would never eat there. If you're downtown and want seafood, hit the old staples... Bo Brooks, Obrycki's and if you're headed toward Canton, past Fells Point, go to Mama's on the Half Shell (next to Nacho Mamas), which has a killer brunch. If you're just looking for pub grub, any of the Greene Turtles (and I think there is one at the airport now) do a decent crab cake as well.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Phillips is a tourist trap. It's overpriced formula.

Try the Blue Seas Grill 614 Water Street. About 2 1/2 blocks north of the Aquarium on restaurant row.

golfgal is on the mark with Bo Brooks and Obrycki's but most crab in the mid Atlantic this time of year is from the Gulf of Mexico. Try the Oysters from Maine and points North, cold water makes for the best oysters. Blue Seas Grill has 4-6 different kind of usters on the half shell, now.

A good time? Why not go to downtown Annapolis on Sunday.

3. golfgal

golfgal Guest

And you must buy these. http://www.bergercookies.com/
    [​IMG]

Go to any convenience store, grocery store and stock up.
    A true Bawlamer tradition.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Agreed. They keep in the freezer too. Have been taking them to Baltimore Ex-Pats all over for years

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

All due respect, but if you really want the best crab cakes in Charm City, go to Lexington Market, which is about six blocks from the Inner Harbor. Ask someone to point you in the direction of Faidleys. Mosey up to the bar and have a half-rack of oysters and a beer, then get a jumbo lump crab cake platter.

BTW, almost all of Phillips crab comes from Thailand these days.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bay_environment/bal-te.crabone30apr30,0,467163.story

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I've got to disagree with the BWI love. I flew in there last year. Luggage took 45 minutes to come down the chute, which I was told was about standard. The terminal I was in (whichever one Delta flies to) was in horrible shape. Maybe the Southwest terminal's nicer.

Draft saved Draft deleted