1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BWI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm flying from St. Louis to Baltimore (BWI) tomorrow for a wedding and back Sunday.
    A couple questions:

How is BWI?

Any tips for good times on Sunday afternoon while the fiance and I wait for our not-quite-a-red eye-but-still-at-night flight back? We're definitely interested in a quality yet inexpensive seafood place.

Other suggestions?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Phillips at the Inner Harbor is pretty good. There are other seafood options along that path.
    BWI is fine for an airport. I've never had a problem getting in and out of there.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"The Wire" walking tour. Make sure not to make eye contact with anyone.

http://www.citypaper.com/special/story.asp?id=11846

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I like BWI. One of my favorite places to fly through, because the food court there is often good, quick and clean and the terminals are far from confusing.

As for seafood, no idea, because I haven't actually been in Baltimore since I was a kid. But I remember, vaguely, there being options at the Inner Harbor mall complex area.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I use BWI for all my flights into Baltimore and DC. That's primarily due to the fact there are direct flights to/from Louisville via Southwest. I'll second zebra's thoughts on the terminals (at least from a Southwest perspective -- can't imagine they'd be different elsewhere).

Make sure you allow yourself enough time -- especially on weekends and if you're renting a car. The car rental place is a mile or so from the terminal and you can go get to/fro via a shuttle. Sometimes, it can take 15-20 minutes.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

How convenient. I'm flying Southwest. And I saw that about the car rental shuttle. Thanks for the reminder.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I always try to fly from BWI whenever possible. For Washington, D.C. residents or for people who are going to the Washington suburbs from BWI, there's an express Metrobus that goes from BWI to the Greenbelt Metro station.

As for BWI itself, I like the food court and some of the other stuff they have there. Good place to kill time while you're waiting for a ride or your plane.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Good seafood? Don't know.
    Burgers from Five Guys? Ding-ding-ding-ding!

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

There's also a Phillips inside the airport for those who have a considerable wait. The crab dip is the boobies.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Oh yeah? That may be a trip for Saturday lunch when the woman folk are getting their hair done.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Aren't the men folk supposed to be hunting and gathering.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

If you hear someone whistling "Farmer in Dell", run!

Draft saved Draft deleted