1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying Contact Lenses Online

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

naughtycodes.com

That's for a hell of a lot more than contacts, but it's worth a look.
    Usually you can find a promo code for free shipping at least, sometimes it's 10% off.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My insurance covers contacts OR glasses only once a year and last year I got new glasses AND contacts with my tax return, with insurance covering most the cost of the glasses. However, it hasn't been a year since so insurance won't cover contacts.
    I'm thinking about ordering a couple of boxes online to tide me over until my insurance will kick in for a year's worth of contacts.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The cost of Toric lenses is why I've decided to stick with eye glasses until I go in for Lasik.

But before I needed toric lenses, I used 1800contacts and ha no problems.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This thread reminded me I need to order contacts on Friday. With the new job, I called the preffered optical provider in my network to see what the discount is (we don't have eye insurance, but we get a discount through Bard Optical) ... I can get the same box of toric lenses for $10 cheaper through Wal-Mart or 1800contacts than Bard. Some discount.

Draft saved Draft deleted