1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying a Wii

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Dec 2, 2007.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

$405 on EBay for a Wii on Thursday.

Now that I've seen that light saber controller...I'll never again have a date. Ever. All prospects of ever again getting laid, out the window. And I don't care. Because in my own mind, I'll be a fuckin' Jedi.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My dad claims he is buying a Wii for my mom, though I am not sure if in his old age he understands how hard it is to get a Wii. I refuse to tell him about this thread.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

For me, this is a post of the year candidate.

Very good stuff, sir.

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Can't remember who above me suggested "wiialerts.com" but the sumbitch works. Got an alert Friday that Amazon had them. We had already found one locally for my nephews but after my wife got the alert she called and asked if we wanted one for home. I said why not and she went to Amazon...

All gone. Elapsed time from the time of the alert to when she tried to order, no more than 8 minutes.

Good luck.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Stupid question from someone who has not touched a video game since Mattel Intellivision:

You can't just order a Wii online from the company?

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No.

7. Apparently Nintendo has had to pull all its advertising regarding the Wii because of the insane demand for the system. How insane is it? There is a company that track Internet shopping searches and the Wii has been searched nearly 31 million times since Nov. 1, this company's official start of the holiday shopping season. The 360 is second with nearly 11 million searches while the PS3 had 7.5 million searches. And the PS2? 9.6 million. The best console ever is still going strong.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

OK, it's here.

Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to effectively connect to other people on it? Perhaps even yourself?

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You mean, the messaging service on the Wii? You have to register an e-mail address from the console. The e-mail user gets a message saying there's a request to add them as a Wii contact, they have to accept, then you can basically use the unit as an e-mail device. Every Wii console gets its own e-mail address, so you can add other people's consoles this way as well.

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

One cool thing about the Wii is that the online arcade has classic NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis games. There are also some cool evites you can send out for a Wii party. I plan on having one whenever I manage to get my hands on a Wii [in addition to getting some friends].

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, it's amazing that I have this state of the art system and I spend as much time playing Sonic, Donkey Kong and Metroid on it as I do any of the Wii games.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted