1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying a Wii

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Baseball is the hardest - you gotta swing just right.
    And if you don't work up a sweat playing the Boxing game - you ain't doin' it right.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was in a Target about a month ago in the electronics department one morning and an off-duty cop came in asked if they got any more Wii's in.

The clerk said they had but they were all sold out. They had received a shipment of 30 and sold them all within a day.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'll add MY 5-year-old to the list of Wii Lego Star Wars fanatics. Then again, his 10-year-old brother and 8-year-old sister play it, too. Apparently, there is now some sort of Wii light saber available.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/21/wii-light-sword-brings-out-the-skywalker-in-you/

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The Lego Star Wars games are great. In 2008, look for Lego Indiana Jones & Lego Batman.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

::) ::) ::)

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I've gotta get one of those for my kid...

7. cathack

cathack New Member

I had to buy mine off eBay. Figured I probably overpaid by $40-50, but seemed worth it instead of getting text and e-mail updates and racing to the store to get the one or two that might be in stock.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good plan. A rectal thermometer is a must.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Somewhere, sportschick has no idea why she's suddenly moist. :)

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The key to all the games is not trying to play it exactly as you would normally. Wrist action is key, not trying to swing like you normally would in golf or baseball. It's easiest to just flick your wrist and not even move your arm, especially in baseball where you have to react so quickly. Oh, and totally agree about boxing. That game is a good workout.

11. The cheapest one on eBay right now with the "Buy It Now" option is $399.

And it's used.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

This thread is making me want to go out right now, somehow find a Wii and sell it on ebay. Or to one of you suckers.

Draft saved Draft deleted