1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying a Wii

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm guessing these bad boys will be pretty easy to get after christmas but mrs. petty says they'll still be as hard to get as they are now.

who's right?

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Mrs. Petty.

They've been hard to get for a year now.

I lucked into one when I walked into a Target back in August.

My kids love it. I do, too.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

please explain what "lucked into" means?

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I walked into a store and there was one there.

They're nearly impossible to get that way.

As is often the case with the video game industry, the demand is beating the piss out of the supply.

Here's an AP article:

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/NEWS02/711220442/-1/NEWS

5. Damn, I was hoping Santa would bring us one this year. On the other hand, we'll save $400, at least until the wife finds something else to spend it on ... and I'm certainly positive that will be just as much fun ...

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They're a load of fun. My 5-year-old's been playing the Star Wars Lego game (it's VERY kid-friendly).

I like the bowling. It goes well with beer.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Doesn't everything?

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Driving, uh, not so much.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dammit, stay on topic. ;D

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A couple of tips for people searching for a Wii...

Go to wiialerts.com. They'll send you a text message when an online retailer has them in stock. When Amazon gets them they only last about 15 minutes.

Try what a buddy of mine did - he has a 30 mile commute to work, and he made a list of every Wal-Mart between his house and the newsroom. He spent his commute, each way, calling every store to see if they were in stock. He got one that way in less than a week. A store just got a shipment in and he had to fly through traffic to get there before they sold out.

11. Wiis are hard to come by all the time. Not sure why Nintendo would want it that way for such a long period of time, surely interest will wane, but that's the way they like to roll.

ps: My 5-year-old loves Lego Star Wars as well!

12. I'd love to play that with my 4 year old.

What the hell, I'm getting a Xmas bonus this year ... what's the most I should pay for one of these without being ripped off.

Draft saved Draft deleted