1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying a cell phone online

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 15, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Inky, here's my story.

I bought the Razr last December, switching to Cingular to do so. By September, I needed it replaced (there was dirt in the screen, the volume button was no longer working, and half the keypad buttons no longer worked). So they sent me a new one because I was still under warranty.

However, when I saved all my numbers to my SIM card (I had had them saved to the phone), it just saved them all as "main" numbers. So I would have three numbers for some people, all separate numbers, and not know which were home, work or cell. Then, I had to go through all 200 numbers and edit each one to set it to which type of number it was. THAT sucked hard. See if there's a way to get around that.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I had a cingular phone crap out on me and lost all of my numbers in the process. I always recommend typing all of your numbers into your computer sometime and e-mailing it to yourself so you always have access to them.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

my last two phones i've been able to sync with my computer. don't have to worry about losing them

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, I wound up buying one at the Cingular store. Went over there to look at phones and get a feel for the size of some of the smart phones. But, naturally, they had a deal going. I got a Razr for $29.

Draft saved Draft deleted