1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Butter Brickle ice cream

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ltrain1127, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ltrain1127

ltrain1127 Member

Guys,
    When I was a child in the early 80s, I had some ice cream and the flavor was butter brickle.
    In my adult years now, I cannot find it any where. There is butter pecan, but that is not what I am looking for.
    My questions, has anybody else had BUTTER BRICKLE before, and does anybody know where I could find it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Baskin-Robins?
    It rings a bell, I do remember it being a lot like butter pecan.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Friendly's has a butter crunch flavor if that's what you have in mind.

4. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I used to love that Friendly's butter crunch ice cream. I haven't thought of it in years.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Butter Brikle sounds good.

Buddy of mine is nuts about Friendly's ice cream. He moved out West and can't get it. When he goes back East for vacation, he chows down there almost every day.

7. Smallpotatoes

That's just about the only thing I like about that place. The name is a misnomer. They should call themselves "If you ignore the customers long enough, maybe they'll go away."

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bruster's has it if you have one of those around you. There is a mom and pop that has it as well that is close to me.

Try cake batter at Bruster's. It's the shit if you like that really sweet stuff.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

That flavor absolutely defines my grandmother. I've never been to Friendly's with her when she hasn't ordered it. I brought her a half-gallon once and she lit right up.

10. In my neck of the woods, Braums often stocks it. It's good stuff.

11. Smallpotatoes

My grandmother always had a half-gallon in the freezer.

Draft saved Draft deleted